Friday 17 August 2012

Lutz success!

Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh!

I LANDED MY FIRST LUTZ!!!

Happened in group lesson yesterday when assistant coach A made me try it again and again and again, trying to prevent me from going extremely slowly merely spinning on the toe pick. I was so shocked the first time I landed it that I forgot to fully extend my arms for the check position. Didn't really matter as I come to a full stop anyway since I don't enter fast enough, so a strong check wasn't necessary to land stably. Just goes to show how surprised I was lol.

Managed a total of four Lutzes before we moved onto other things in class. I have assis. coach A and a fellow adult skater classmate as my witnesses, so it wasn't a dream!

Next skating will be on Tuesday, quite a few days away. Hope I can still do it then!

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! That's so exciting, congratulations! I'm jealous; I'd be thrilled just to get loop at this point. Now you've just got axel and you'll be on to doubles in no time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I took quite a while getting my loop jump, actually longer than it took for the Lutz I think. Since you like toe jumps better (like me), maybe it'll be the same for you! Good luck with the loop!

      As much as I am afraid I might be going too fast, I'm still excited at the prospect of starting Axel prep soon. Coach C said it will take a while to land it though. Eventually, in the future, I hope I will get on to doubles, but that probably won't be a while yet :p

      Delete