Wednesday 4 July 2012

Figure skating blog

I actually own a personal blog already, one where I talk about random things about my daily life, and for the past few months since I've started figure skating, I've barely talked about anything else. Which leads to the reason for this blog. I want to have somewhere where I can gush about the joys of figure skating without my non-figure skating friends being bored. I want to have a place where people who are as obsessed as me, who regularly look up youtube videos and blogs of fellow adult figure skaters, can share that joy with me. People who will know how difficult it is to learn a new jump, who understand why and how happy I am when I shout "I landed my first loop jump!", who won't be worried that I've hurt myself when I say "I did a broken-leg sit spin today!" (which won't be happening for a very long time yet).

So for those of you adult figure skaters who are reading this because you love the sport as much as I do and want to share that joy, welcome! May we all fall less, spin faster and jump higher : )

P.S. If you're interested in when I started figure skating and all that (not a very exciting history I must warn you), please click on the link to "Figure skating and me" on the right panel.

No comments:

Post a Comment