Saturday 14 July 2012

Half-hearted sit spin

I wish I could say yay I have a sit spin, but it is definitely not low enough to be a sit spin yet. However, seeing as this was my first attempt at them, I'm pretty pleased with what I could do, especially since I totally suck at spins. I still can't do a scratch spin, and somehow, I can't even do a normal one-foot upright spin from a backward crossover entry anymore, I just lose the edge as I go into it. Thought I'd just give sit spin a try but it actually worked better! One reason being that I always go too forward on my toepicks when I spin, because I'm afraid of falling backwards, but on a sit spin, I'm low to the ground so I dare to not lean so much forward which makes it better! I can do a non-wobbly shoot the duck now, so maybe I can get the sit spin as low as a proper sit spin should.

The jumps definitely did not feel as good as it did yesterday, guess it was just a really good day. Loops only succeeded occasionally, and flip-loops only happened once. I tried working on edges a bit more and to get my steps and turns more solid.

The rink was pretty empty for a Friday night public session, and after the Zamboni was done the ice was soooooo smooth and I was so happy : ) It really felt like I was flying as I glided over the smooth ice. Almost felt bad when I jumped or spun and scratched the ice.

Oh I really can't wait for next Tuesday, I'll be having my first private lesson!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment